Although cold and flu season won’t hit us for a few months, it’s never too early to prepare yourself to stay healthy.
The past couple of years have seen tremendous amounts of illness, and with more COVID cases on the rise, you can never be too safe. Here are some tips to help prevent the spread of germs and keep yourself and your family healthy!
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Stay home when you are sick.
· Wear a mask or cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
· Wash your hands thoroughly and often. When washing, don’t forget the spaces between your fingers, under your nails and scrub for at least 20 seconds. Use warm, running water.
· Keep your home and office areas disinfected and clean them regularly, especially if someone is or was recently sick in the home.
· Eat healthy, stay hydrated, and exercise often. Prevention is key. Your immune system functions at its best when you are taking care of yourself. Be sure to incorporate lots of fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, lean meats and whole grains in your diet, drink plenty of water, and engage in moderate physical activity for at least half an hour each day for best results.
· Get enough sleep. One can never underestimate the importance of a good night’s sleep. Practice proper sleep hygiene, aim for 7-9 hours a night, and turn off electronics or read a book, journal, meditate, do yoga, or engage in some other quiet or relaxing activity at least an hour before bed to aid in the release of melatonin and prepare you for a restful sleep.